Our People Make the Difference
Ozark Center is the area’s largest and most comprehensive behavioral healthcare provider, providing effective, caring and confidential services for adults, families and children. Ozark Center employs more than 600 compassionate, team-oriented professionals in the Joplin metro. We offer a wide variety of career opportunities in mental and behavioral healthcare, as well as administrative and support staff positions.
Why Ozark Center?
Ozark Center provides a comprehensive system of behavioral healthcare programs from outpatient to hospitalization. We strive to provide compassionate, innovative and trauma-informed care to all our clients. We continually seek feedback from our staff and the communities we serve on ways to provide quality services to our clients. By exploring new products, services and locations, we provide our clients with quality behavioral healthcare.
Since 2015, we have:
- Developed, launched and maintained our area’s first and only behavioral health urgent care
- Implemented and branded a state-recognized eating disorders program
- Partnered with NeuroStar® to add transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) services to clients with difficult-to-treat severe depression
- Opened our area’s first credentialed Spravato clinic, which uses a nasal spray treatment for individuals with hard-to-treat severe depression
- Introduced our Veteran Integration Program (VIP), in which military liaisons provide a single point of contact for our veteran population
We also offer a free 24/7 crisis line as well as a texting service.
Additionally, we have received a three-year accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), an independent, international agency that monitors quality in the delivery of mental health services. Ozark Center is also a Certified Community Behavioral Health Organization (CCBHO) and is certified and licensed by Missouri Department of Mental Health.
At Ozark Center, we believe that a community-based system is inherently more responsive to the needs of the community and the individuals served. Our goal is to assist people of all ages who are experiencing mental illness, developmental disabilities, addiction, trauma and/or abuse to develop the skills essential for living a life with dignity and purpose.
Ozark Center Employee Benefits
Ozark Center provides outstanding employee benefits – some are available the first day of employment. Benefits include:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Paid vacation and disability time accrued each pay period
- Retirement plan with employer matching contribution
- Licensure supervision provided
- NHSC loan repayment opportunities
- Longevity rewards and incentives
- Employee recognition and bright ideas programs
- Wellness program and incentives
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Numerous supplemental insurance options
- Special community discounts
Ozark Center Psychiatric Residency Program and Addiction Medicine Fellowship Program
Deciding where to train is the most important decision of your career. When contemplating which program best suits you, you may consider the benefits of having varied clinical experience when rotating through Ozark Center’s addiction, child and adolescent, geriatric and consult services – all while receiving guidance from our supportive faculty.
During your time here, you will be able to grow your knowledge base while working with a collaborative team to provide care to patients of varied socioeconomic backgrounds in a rural healthcare setting in Joplin, Missouri. Joplin is located near Arkansas, Oklahoma and Kansas, so our patient population may commute from any of these locations.