Struggling with your weight or related medical problems? We know how frustrating that can feel – especially when countless dieting programs haven’t delivered the results you need to transform your health and life.
At Freeman Bariatric Center, we may have just the solution for you. Our board-certified surgeon T. Brad Coy, DO perform safe and proven weight loss procedures, using the most minimally invasive techniques possible. From your first visit through ongoing follow-up care, we provide the support you need to achieve your weight loss goals.
Of course, our program isn’t just about the weight. Bariatric surgery can help reduce or reverse diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol and other chronic conditions. You may also benefit from less joint pain, better sleep, more confidence and the freedom to live an active and healthier life.
Why Choose Freeman?
Everything You Need to Succeed
- Accreditation: Freeman Bariatric Center has been accredited as a Comprehensive Center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP®), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. The first and only comprehensive bariatric program in the area to be accredited within a 65-mile radius, Freeman Bariatric Center meets the highest standards for patient safety and quality of care.
- Expertise: If you’re a candidate for weight loss surgery, rest assured you’re in highly skilled hands. Our surgeons are among the most experienced in Southwest Missouri, performing hundreds of bariatric procedures each year. We have some of the lowest hospital readmission rates in the region, and have been rated #1 in the area for medical excellence and patient safety by CareChex®, an independent quality rating system that helps consumers evaluate healthcare providers.
- Personalized guidance: Wherever you are on your weight loss journey, we’ll help you find your way. Our program coordinator, Janice Drake, RN, is your personal guide, and will work one-on-one with you to create a plan for success. She’ll also coordinate your seminar appointment and is available to answer any questions you may have at any time.
- Care for the whole you: At every step, you’ll have the same dedicated team of weight loss experts by your side. That includes a registered dietitian, financial counselor, psychologist and more – all committed to your total well-being.
- Less pain, faster recovery: Our surgeons are trained in the latest laparoscopic and open-surgical techniques, requiring just a few small incisions. For you, that may mean less pain, fewer complications and faster recovery, so you can get started right away on your goals.
- Lifelong support: Life after surgery can be a challenge, both physically and emotionally, as you commit to a whole new way of life. Our after-care program includes continued dietary and lifestyle counseling, plus monthly bariatric support groups to help you stay on track.
Weight Loss Surgery Success Stories
Every day, we’re inspired watching our four-state area patients take charge of their health and lives, and are privileged to help guide that transformation. We invite you to share in a few of their stories at Freeman Bariatric Center, and remember, you can have your own great success.
Start with a free weight loss surgery seminar. One of our board-certified surgeons will explore a variety of life-changing options and answer any questions to help you make the best decision for your life.
Call 417.347.1266 or request more information online.