USING THE LATEST IN HEALTHCARE TECHNOLOGY TO DELIVER CONVENIENT, EXPERT CARE TO YOU AND YOUR CHILD!
Our school-based telemedicine program is designed to bring the expertise of Freeman Health System’s primary care providers to schools throughout our area. If a student, faculty or staff member is at school and becomes ill, getting quick treatment is the main priority.
Our program is designed with schools, parents, students, faculty and staff in mind. Our goals are to reduce the number of outbreaks of contagious illnesses, save time, reduce lost school days, all while parents no longer have to leave work.
We understand it can often times be difficult for parents to suddenly leave work, pick up their child from school and take them to their healthcare provider. This is why Freeman Health System is happy to offer school-based telehealth. By enrolling in our program, a school nurse will virtually connect with a Freeman Health System physician or certified nurse practitioner. Students, faculty and staff can be diagnosed, treated and have prescriptions sent to their pharmacy without having to leave the school nurse’s office.
HOW IT WORKS:
School-based telehealth uses computer and video technology to connect to an experienced healthcare provider at Freeman Health System, should students, faculty or staff become ill at school. By enrolling and utilizing the school based telehealth program at the onset of illness:
- The school nurse will determine if a Freeman Health System provider is needed to diagnose illnesses and provide convenient treatment.
- Parents of sick students will be contacted with appointment information and invited to participate via telephone.
- An appointment will be scheduled with the Freeman Health System provider.
- The school nurse will connect with the Freeman Health System provider using video technology.
- The school nurse and the Freeman Health System provider will conduct an examination.
- If necessary, the Freeman Health System provider will submit prescriptions to the patient’s pharmacy of choice.
- Freeman Health System will send a summary of the visit to the patient’s primary care provider to continue treatment, if authorized.
PLEASE NOTE: UTILIZATION OF THE PROGRAM REQUIRES THE COMPELTION OF OUR ONLINE REGISTRATION FORMS. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE FORMS AT THE BEGINNING OF EACH SCHOOL YEAR TO RE-ENROLL FOR THE PROGRAM.
Faculty and student consent forms need to be filled out and mailed or faxed to:
Freeman Clinic of Anderson
510 Park Street
Anderson, MO 64831
Fax - 417.845.0548
COST OF SERVICE:
Commercial and Medicaid:
Our experienced office staff will bill your insurance for you, including Missouri Medicaid.
Freeman Health System will send you an invoice for the visit.
Copays may be collected online for those with active patient accounts. Please make sure to select FREEMAN NEOSHO PHYSICIAN GROUP when selecting a Provider/Location. To obtain your account number, please call 417.845.0545.
Copays may also be collected over the phone for those who do not have active patient accounts. Please call 417-845-0545 to pay by phone.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION?
Please email us at email@example.com.
To find out if your school is participating in Freeman Health System’s School Based Telehealth Program, please call your school nurse or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.