Identifying active infections plays a critical role in controlling the spread of COVID-19. We offer two convenient ways to test—drive through and onsite at your workplace.
Drive Through Testing for Employers
OccuMed Joplin offers drive through testing from the safety and convenience of your car. (This service is not available at OccuMed Carthage or Neosho.
Drive through testing is available by appointment only and must be scheduled by the employer. For testing open to the public, please call Freeman Health System’s COVID-19 hotline at 417.347.3666.
How Drive Through Testing Works
- Oral or nasal swab (depending on test availability) at drive through test site at OccuMed Joplin. The testing tent is located on the east side of the building.
- Results are available in 2-5 days. (Results are reported to the state health department where the employee currently resides.)
- To schedule, contact Christina Hensley, RN, at 417.347.6940 and provide employee name and valid phone number.
- Cost is $108, billable to employer. Contact Freeman Screen Team to pay by insurance.
IMPORTANT: Due to the limited number of spots available, no show tests and tests not cancelled by 1 pm the day of the test will be charged $108. Testing is by appointment only; walk-ins are not accepted.
Testing at Your Worksite
When you suspect a potential exposure, active infection testing can be safely done at your worksite.
How Worksite Testing Works
- OccuMed comes to your worksite to complete the collection, either by oral or nasal swab (depending on test availability). Flexible scheduling, including night and weekend appointments, is available. A minimum of 10 tests is required.
- Results are available in 2-5 days. (Results are reported to the state health department where the employees currently reside.)
- To schedule, contact Kristin Holt, LPN, Onsite Coordinator, at 417.347.6934.