Freeman Health System Student Assistant (SA) Program provides the opportunity to master procedures utilized in patient care. Participants work in numerous areas of care. As a member of this select group, you will become involved in:
- Implementation of new procedures
- Advancements in treatment
- Technological developments
- In-service educational opportunities
- Updates on the latest healthcare practices
The program administers educational tools to its participants including:
- Comprehensive orientation program
- Multimedia learning technology
- Professional development access
Student Assistant position requirements include:
- Enrollment in an accredited registered nursing program
- Advancement toward a registered nurse degree
- Completion of one full semester of registered nursing program or Missouri-transferable Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) certification and enrollment in your first semester of a registered nursing program
Student Nurse Opportunities
Fellowship in Nursing and Learning Experience program, or FINALE, is available to student nurses during their last semester as part of the Student Assistant Program. FINALE provides student nurses with the opportunity to strengthen patient care skills and critical thinking skills in the acute care nursing environment.
Each student nurse works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse preceptor and practices Freeman patient care standards.
FINALE participants may perform several skills under the direct supervision of the nurse preceptor after nursing school skill validation. Some skills include performing EKGs, administering tube feedings, and assisting physicians with exams, treatments, tests, and procedures.
Additionally, FINALE participants may:
- Contribute to the nursing care plan and assist in setting goals for the patient.
- Participate in the nursing assessment process including assisting with data collection for the nursing history.
- Provide nursing care based on validated skills.
- FINALE participants shall demonstrate ability as a professional role model with increased emphasis on communication skills; clinical skills; patient, staff and student education; professional growth; and leadership skills.
Critical Care Residency Program
Critical Care Nursing is a challenging and rewarding career. Our Critical Care Nursing Residency Program prepares you to be the very best in your field! Experience excellence within a demanding critical environment and develop skills to put your readiness and experience above all the rest.
- Apply for residency prior to your last semester of nursing school
- Extensive training
- Unique learning opportunity
- Shadow several medical disciplines
- SIM lab experience
- Preparation for a multitude of career choices
- Physician lectures
- Focused equipment training
Apply for the Critical Care Residency Program!
Student Nurse Opportunities
The Freeman Health System Nursing Tuition Assistance Program is one way we are committed to investing in our employees and their futures. This program supports employees advancing toward a nursing (RN) career.
Tuition assistance may be awarded to individuals employed with Freeman Health System for at least 120 days before enrolling in a registered nursing (RN) program or already enrolled in a nursing program at time of hire.
Benefit & Details
The annual tuition assistance reimbursement maximum is $4,000 ($2,000 per spring and fall semester).
Applications must be submitted each semester.
Already an employee? View the Nursing Tuition Assistance Program policy on the system intranet.
Need More Information?
Call Blake at 417.347.3740
or email BRJames@freemanhealth.com
Did You Know?
Freeman Offers Job Shadowing
Freeman's job shadowing program enables students and community members to explore healthcare careers by shadowing caregivers.Learn More About Job Shadowing
For more information, call Tosha at 417.347.3770 or email email@example.com.