Helping you take care of business
Freeman provides a number of business and financial services as a courtesy to patients. These include:
- Verification of insurance coverage
- Estimates on charges for procedures
- Estimates on the patient portion of charges, as determined by the patient's insurance plan
- Billing of primary and secondary insurance carriers
- Answering questions from insurance carriers
- Providing itemized bills to patients, when requested
- Financial assistance for qualifying patients
- Online bill pay
- Payment plans
Patients who would like price quotes or to learn more about hospital charges should contact Freeman Patient Accounts at 417.347.6686.
Crime Victims Compensation Program
Helps victims with out-of-pocket expenses from crime-related injuries
Supplemental Security Income
Helps the aged, blind, and disabled who have little or no income
Various options available to qualifying low-income individuals
Medicare Supplemental Program
Various programs supplement basic Medicare coverage for seniors
Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program
Provides women diagnosed with precancerous or cancerous breast or cervical conditions access to Medicaid benefits during treatment
Women, Infants and Children Program
Helps low-income women, infants, and children receive nutrition guidance, health screenings, and food
Great News! Completed applications can now be emailed to email@example.com.
Please note that all completed applications will be reviewed and considered within 14 business days.
Freeman provides quality care to all who need it, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you do not have health insurance or worry that you may not be able to pay for part or all of your care, we may be able to help. Freeman provides financial assistance to patients based on income and financial needs.
Download the Freeman Health System Financial Assistance Policy.
Federal and state laws require all hospitals to seek payment for care provided. This means unpaid bills can ultimately be turned over to a collection agency, which can affect credit status. Therefore, it is important to contact Patient Accounts if you think you may experience a problem paying your bill.
We treat all questions and personal information with confidentiality and courtesy.
The following options apply only to the charges on your hospital bill. For physician bills, please contact the physician's office regarding payment options.
- Credit cards: Freeman accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express
- Freeman Financial Assistance Program: Following denial of any available government program, applicants may qualify for the Freeman Financial Assistance Program. Approval is based on gross income compared to federal poverty guidelines. To see if you qualify, ask your financial counselor, account representative, or cashier for an application.
- Payment plan: Freeman offers a payment plan that can be established prior to service, at the time of your service, or after receiving service. Please discuss payment options during your admission process, or contact Patient Accounts for assistance after services have been rendered to establish your payment plan.
- Self-pay discount: For patients without insurance, Freeman offers a 40% self-pay discount. This discount may not apply to elective procedures.
To learn more about or apply for any of these payment options, call us, visit the Freeman Patient Accounts office or visit the Admissions desk at Freeman West, Freeman East or Freeman Neosho.
Get help with your bill
For help with your bill before or during your visit, contact a financial counselor, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday – Friday at 417.347.4136.
Questions? Don't hesitate to call or visit to find out how we can help. In addition, you can read the answers to frequently asked questions.
Freeman Patient Accounts
Freeman Business Center (use front door)
3220 McClelland Boulevard
Joplin, MO 64804
Get help with your bill
- Get information on federal and state financial assistance programs
- For help with your bill before or during your visit: Contact a financial counselor, 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday.
- For help with your account following your visit:
What is pricing transparency?
Price transparency is a term used in healthcare and by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) as a rule that requires hospitals to provide prices for standard charges that are in the hospitals charge description master (CDM). This rule requires hospitals to make prices available to their consumers so they can make more informed healthcare decisions. The information found on our published CDM should not be used to accurately estimate or determine your out of pocket patient responsibilities. For an individual estimate please contact our admissions team at 417.347.3543 or by emailing: _ADMPRECERT@freemanhealth.com. Freeman Health System (Freeman) understands that quality of healthcare includes decisions on healthcare cost. To assist consumers in managing their financial health, we offer free and individualized estimates based on your health insurance and benefits. Click here to learn more about price transparency.