Learn to live well with diabetes
When you discover that you have diabetes, learning to manage and live with the disease can seem overwhelming at first. Freeman Diabetes Education can help with training provided by professional diabetes educators, including a registered dietitian and registered nurse. Freeman Diabetes Educators are certified through National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators
. Our education program includes a 1-on-1 interview, comprehensive classes, and individualized counseling.
What's your risk for diabetes?
Take this quiz
to learn your risk for diabetes.
We focus on:
Benefits of diabetes education:
- Diabetes overview
- Taking medication
- Monitoring blood sugar
- Meal planning
- Stress management
- Reducing risks (complications)
- Coping and problem-solving
- Tools to help you live with diabetes
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Reduction in complications
- Weight loss
- Fewer hospitalizations
- Healthier lifestyle
- Insulin pump therapy
- Annual education review
- Patient training on insulin use and injection
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Gestational diabetes guidance
- Healthy eating lifestyle class for patients at-risk of diabetes
- Nutrition consultation for patients without diabetes
- Support group
Freeman Diabetes Education
1532 W. 32nd St., Suite 202
113 W. Hickory St.