Learn to live well with diabetes
When you discover that you have diabetes, learning to manage and live with the disease can seem overwhelming at first. Freeman Diabetes Education can help with training provided by professional diabetes educators, including a registered dietitian and registered nurse. Freeman is the only local hospital with diabetes educators that are certified through National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators
and certified insulin pump trainers. Our education program includes a 1-on-1 interview, comprehensive classes, and individualized counseling. Diabetes education is covered by Medicare Part B insurance and most private insurance.
Download the July 2014 diabetes newsletter
Are you at risk for diabetes?
Take our free diabetes assessment online or download and print this quiz to learn your risk for diabetes.
We focus on
Benefits of diabetes education
- Diabetes overview
- Taking medication
- Monitoring blood sugar
- Meal planning
- Stress management
- Reducing risks (complications)
- Coping and problem-solving
- Tools to help you live with diabetes
- Improved blood sugar levels
- Reduction in complications
- Weight loss
- Fewer hospitalizations
- Healthier lifestyle
- Insulin pump therapy
- Annual education review
- Patient training on insulin use and injection
- Medical nutrition therapy
- Gestational diabetes guidance
- Healthy eating lifestyle class for patients at-risk of diabetes
- Nutrition consultation for patients without diabetes
- Support group
Visit Freeman Health Essentials for all your diabetes supplies needs, including diabetic supplies, shoes and compression hose.
Freeman Diabetes Education
1532 W. 32nd St., Suite 202
113 W. Hickory St.