Mothers trust us to deliver
As one of the busiest maternity centers in Missouri, we've earned the trust of moms-to-be because we provide family-centered care and individual attention in a warm, caring environment. Our highly-trained, expert team includes board-certified obstetricians, available 24 hours a day, and the region's only board-certified perinatologist to care for patients with high-risk pregnancies. Freeman Maternity Center, designed with privacy and comfort in mind, features home-like birthing suites and private postpartum rooms.
We recently opened the newly remodeled nurses station, nursery, and mom and baby rooms in the postpartum unit at Freeman West. The new, more spacious design permits mothers and babies to room‐in together for an enhanced bonding experience. This project also includes a state‐of‐art infant security system for the protection of our youngest patients.
To help expectant mothers and families prepare for the arrival of a new baby, we offer a wide variety of prenatal education classes, including childbirth classes, sibling classes, and lactation consultations. Sign up for prenatal education classes today!
During your stay
Freeman offers newborn photography through Mom365. This service can include a private web page for your baby. Additionally, baby’s portrait can include mom, dad, brothers and sisters. It’s a great way to celebrate the newest addition to your family! Ask your nurse for details.
Mom365, the leading in-hospital, newborn photography company in the U.S., helps 1,400 hospitals delight moms and families. The company has enhanced patient experience at hospitals for more than 69 years.
Mom365’s professional photographers provide a free photo session for mom in the convenience of her hospital room. Because Mom365 believes every baby deserves a beautiful photo, it provides every mom with a free keepsake photo of her baby.
- Malarie Hickey Jaccaud Birthing Unit with 9 birthing suites in a home-like environment for comfortable labor and delivery
- 25 private postpartum rooms
- Rooming-in option
- 24-hour nursery
- Centralized monitoring, providing the most efficient care for mothers and infants
- Baby's first bath at bedside
- Meals delivered to your room at your request
- Special celebration meal for you and one guest
- Help with breastfeeding from specially-trained lactation consultants
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), providing immediate critical care
- Online nursery for parents to share new baby photos with friends and family
- Private bathroom and flat-screen TV with cable
- Educational sessions regarding your newborn available for viewing on our Newborn Channel
- Free wi-fi
- Baby billboard
Mothers trust us to deliver, and Freeman enjoys the opportunity to announce babies delivered under our care. Pictured below is a small sample of our baby announcements.
During labor and delivery
Freeman Maternity Center physicians, nurse midwives, nurses, and support staff are dedicated to providing compassionate care. Through the course of your delivery experience, your caregiver educates, assists and explains your care.
We offer traditional and alternative pain management options to help you stay comfortable:
- Analgesia (IV medication)
- Labor birthing balls
- Straddle chairs
- Squat bars
- Jacuzzi tubs
- Shower amenities
- Incense therapy
Freeman Maternity Center1102 W. 32nd St.
Joplin, Missouri 64804