Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
Who is Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals?
The local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital chapter was established in 1987 with a mission to generate funds and create awareness programs benefitting children birth to 21 years of age. Freeman Health System Maternal/Child services including the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, Birthing Center and Pediatrics unit, receive financial support for pediatric equipment, medical supplies, educational programs and more. One hundred percent of every dollar raised locally stays local with donations used to help children and their families in 14 Missouri, Oklahoma and Kansas counties served by the local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.
That’s our mission. Here’s the reality.
Every day, local families reach out to us seeking assistance after receiving a devastating diagnosis for a child’s illness or as a result of a child suffering a traumatic injury. They don’t know where to turn or what to do. That’s when your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital steps in by providing:
- Travel expenses so a child can see an out-of-town specialist
- Monetary assistance for accommodations so a mom who has taken a leave of absence from work can be with her son undergoing a three-month treatment in Kansas City
- Prescription medicines denied by insurance for a little girl in pain
- Gas money so a dad can travel weekends to St. Louis to visit his sick baby, give mom a much needed break and return home to work during the week and care for the siblings
- Financial help for an access ramp for grandparents raising a teenage granddaughter confined to a wheelchair
- Last year alone, we provided direct family assistance to nearly 1,000 children. In order to ensure children in our communities received the best medical care possible, your local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital paid $63,940 for gas and lodging. Families drove almost 135,000 miles to see pediatric specialists and stayed more than 3,500 nights away from home seeking treatment. Through generous contributions of donors and national partners our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital is able to help provide the best possible medical care and offer the most technically-advanced equipment available. Examples include:
- $1.3 million to expand Freeman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in 2011
- Partnership with QuickMeds and Health Essentials for prescription medication and medical equipment
- Pediatric immobilizers and inflatable child restraint systems for ambulance services
- Educational programs
Providing assistance to area sick and injured children
Thanks to donors like you, Children's Miracle Network Hospitals provides assistance to area sick and injured children from birth to 21 years of age. Gifts from our generous donors furnish and maintain the Freeman Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) , provide funding for community pediatric needs, and provide pediatric emergency equipment for area agencies. All money raised helps local children and their families.
In 2011, your donations helped us fund a $1.3 million NICU expansion. This expansion allows Freeman to care for more premature and critically ill infants and continue offering state-of-the-art technology to these fragile patients.
We're fortunate to partner with some of the most generous companies in North America. The employees and customers of our sponsors have created countless miracles, one dollar at a time. Learn more.
Thank you for your interest in Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals. Thank you for making miracles happen for local children.
To learn how you can help, call Heather Lesmeister, Freeman Assistant Director of Development and External Relations at 417.347.4624.
Children’s Miracle Network HospitalsOffice address:
931 E. 32nd St.
1102 W. 32nd St.
Joplin, MO 64804