Will’s Place, developed by Ozark Center and Freeman Health System in conjunction with the Missouri Department of Mental Health, provides comprehensive behavioral health services to newborns through age 21.
Will’s Place child and adolescent treatment team includes:
- 3 child and adolescent psychiatrists
- 1 licensed psychologist
- 7 licensed mental health professionals
- 2 licensed practical nurses
- 28 case managers
- Administrative and supervisory staff
In addition to our varied and exceptional treatment staff, we also offer a variety of treatment programs along a continuum of care for children and adolescents who have experienced trauma. All services, developmentally- and age-appropriate, are responsive to the child’s social/cultural situation and communication needs. Services provided include psychiatric treatment, outpatient therapy for children and families, psychological evaluations and targeted case management.
Our therapists address a wide variety of concerns that children and families may encounter, including:
- Difficulties staying on task or being attentive
- Developmental delays, including toilet training, speech, or language
- Difficulties with emotional, behavioral, family, or community functioning
- Past or current trauma, including physical, sexual, emotional, natural disaster, neglect, loss of a loved one, or other trauma
- Substance abuse
- Impacts of divorce, separation, or conflict in the home
- Anxiety or social withdrawal
- Challenges in social settings and peer relationships
- Depression, mood swings, or episodes of sadness
- Self-destructive behaviors
- Aggressive behaviors
For more information regarding therapy, please read our frequently asked questions for parents.
Like us on Facebook!
Our services are covered under Missouri Medicaid, insurance, private pay, or Missouri Department of Mental Health funding.
Our services include:
- Psychiatric services
- Crisis intervention
- Medication administration
- Outpatient therapy for children and families
- Trauma-focused care
- Individual therapy
- Family therapy
- Group therapy
- Psychological evaluations
- Understanding problems from multiple viewpoints
- Testing to explore causes and solutions
- Recommendations for appropriate services and interventions
- Targeted case management
- Ensures continuity of care
- Matches individual and family needs
- Helps overcome obstacles to services
- Ensures service responsiveness
1800 W. 30th St.
Joplin, MO 64804
P.O. Box 2526
Joplin, MO 64803