Protect your valuables
We understand that patients need to bring items such as eyeglasses, dentures, and hearing aids. Ask the nursing staff to label items such as clothing, canes, walkers, wheelchairs, hearing aids/cases, eyeglasses/cases, and denture cups.
Freeman cannot be responsible for items not turned over to the hospital staff for safekeeping. For your protection, please do not bring the following:
- Valuable jewelry, electronic equipment, etc.
- Large amounts of cash
- Credit cards (other than those needed for co-pays and deductibles)
Follow these tips to protect your belongings:
- Do not put eyeglasses, dentures, or other valuables on meal trays, in your bed, or in pillowcases—they could be removed from your room by mistake if mixed in with in with dirty dishes or laundry.
- Keep eyeglasses in their case when not in use (to avoid breakage or loss).
- Use only designated containers for dentures and hearing aids.
- Use the hospital safe to secure your valuables until you leave the hospital.