We're here to help
Freeman provides quality care to all who need it, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. If you do not have health insurance or worry that you may not be able to pay for part or all of your care, we may be able to help. Freeman provides financial assistance to patients based on income, assets, and financial needs.
Federal and state laws require all hospitals to seek payment for care provided. This means unpaid bills can ultimately be turned over to a collection agency, which can affect credit status. Therefore, it is important to contact Patient Accounts if you think you may experience a problem paying your bill.
We treat all questions and personal information with confidentiality and courtesy.
The following options apply only to the charges on your hospital bill. For any physician bills, please contact the physician's office regarding payment options.
- Credit cards: Freeman accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.
- Freeman Financial Assistance Program: Following denial of any available government program, applicants may qualify for the Freeman Financial Assistance Program. Approval is based on gross income and assets, compared to federal poverty guidelines. To see if you qualify, ask your financial counselor, account representative, or cashier for an application or download an English application or Spanish application.
- Low-interest revolving line of credit: Freeman, in cooperation with US Bank®, now offers a revolving line of credit for those who qualify. This line of credit features a low interest rate, manageable payments, and flexible terms.
- Payment plan: Freeman offers a payment plan that can be established prior to service, at the time of your service, or after receiving service. Please discuss payment options during your admission process, or contact Patient Accounts for assistance after services have been rendered to establish your payment plan.
- Self-pay discount: For patients without insurance, Freeman offers a 30% self-pay discount. This discount does not apply to elective procedures.
To learn more about or apply for any of these payment options, call us, visit the Freeman Patient Accounts office, or visit the Admissions desk at Freeman West, Freeman East, or Freeman Neosho.
Get help with your bill
- For help with your bill before or during your visit:
Contact a financial counselor, 8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday.
- Joplin (Choose number according to the first letter of the patient’s last name.)
- For help with your account following your visit:
- 888.707.4500 (toll free)
Questions? Don't hesitate to call or visit to find out how we can help. In addition, you can read the answers to frequently asked questions or view an explanation of your bill.
Freeman Patient Accounts
888.707.4500 (toll free)
8 am-4:30 pm Monday-Friday
Freeman Business Center (use front door)
3220 McClelland Boulevard
Joplin, MO 64804
1102 West 32nd Street
Joplin, MO 64804