Unfortunately, crises or turmoil can affect anyone at any time. At some point in life, most of us will need emotional support. Do you or a loved one need somewhere to turn for help, support, or information? Ozark Center Crisis Intervention Services offers 24/7 support to people of all ages and backgrounds who are experiencing a personal, emotional, or mental health crisis.
When you call our crisis services help line, you will always speak with a trained mental health professional who is compassionate, empathetic, and nonjudgmental. Our crisis counselors strive to help you gain immediate emotional relief, discover new life skills, and develop solutions or alternatives in your time of confusion, hopelessness, or need. We provide brief crisis counseling, education, and referrals. In addition, our crisis counselors are trained to assess individual risk of those who may be actively suicidal and provide intervention to prevent tragedy.
24-hour crisis services help line
In Joplin: 417.347.7720
Outside Joplin: 800.247.0661
Translation, TTY/TDD, and teletype services are available
When is it appropriate to call the crisis help line?
- A friend or family member talks about death, dying, or suicide
- Acute psychiatric crises, including severe prolonged depression, anxiety or panic attacks, psychosis, hallucinations, paranoia, mania, sleeplessness, mood swings, rage, or eating disorders
- Self-destructive behavior
- Family or relationship problems
- Child and adolescent parenting problems
- Chemical dependency or substance abuse issues
- Domestic situations involving violence or threats of violence to others
- Shelter or housing needs
- Confidential short-term supportive counseling needs
- Seeking information, prevention, resources, or referrals for behavioral health services within our area