We help you control your swelling
Lymphedema, a condition in which fluid collects in tissue, can cause swelling in various parts of the body, usually the arms and legs. While no cure exists, Freeman Lymphedema Clinic can help you control the symptoms through treatment and education. We're committed to providing the highest level of care and we work closely with your physician to best meet your treatment needs. Our experienced clinicians have achieved certification in the Vodder Technique of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (MLD).
A physician referral is required for treatment, and treatment should begin as soon as possible.
- Swelling of hands, feet, limbs, or other body parts
- Skin dryness and thickness
- Heaviness, aching, and tightness
- Lymph fluid leakage
- Limited movement
- Repeated infections
- Joint pain
- Difficulty fitting into clothes
Treatment may include:
- Skin care to heal wounds and eliminate bacteria
- Manual lymphatic drainage to empty and decompress obstructed lymph vessels
- Compression bandages to prevent the affected limb from refilling
- Remedial exercises to facilitate drainage of fluid
- Recommendations to prevent further swelling
As a convenience, we partner with Freeman Health Essentials and Pink Door Boutique in prescribing health-related garments and other products to support your treatment.
Our lymphedema support group meets quarterly and features educational programs, speakers, and tips for care at home. A newsletter detailing upcoming events and up-to-date helpful information about lymphedema can be mailed to you upon request.
Freeman Lymphedema Clinic
2206 E. 32nd St.
Joplin, Missouri 64804