Freeman job shadowing program enables area students and community members to explore healthcare careers by shadowing our caregivers. Through the program, members of our medical team share experience, advice, and knowledge with the students. Students are encouraged to use their firsthand experiences at Freeman help make decisions about class choices, continuing education, and their career.
Participating departments include:
- Birthing Center/Postpartum
- Cancer (Oncology)
- Cardiovascular Operating Room
- Critical Care (ICU)
- Emergency Department
- General Medical
- Hospital (Inpatient) Pharmacy
- Infusion Center
- Laboratory Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Room/Scrub Technicians
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistants
- Respiratory Therapy
- Retail (Outpatient) Pharmacy
- Social Services
- Participants must be 16 or older.
- The program is open to high school, college, and job-training program students. Community members may also be eligible to shadow—please call for more information.
- We make every effort to arrange shadow opportunities in the student’s area(s) of interest.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of times/amount of time that a student can shadow.
- Job shadowing takes place during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Completion of online registration form, release forms, and nondisclosure agreement are required for each shadow experience.
- Students: please register online with your school guidance counselor or teacher.
- Community members: please contact the Job Shadow Coordinator to register.
932 E. 34th St.
Email Job Shadow Coordinator