Freeman job shadowing program enables area students and community members to explore healthcare careers by shadowing our caregivers. Through the program, members of our medical team share experience, advice, and knowledge with the students. Students are encouraged to use their firsthand experiences at Freeman help make decisions about class choices, continuing education, and their career.
Participating departments include:
- Birthing Center/Postpartum
- Cancer (Oncology)
- Cardiovascular Operating Room
- Critical Care (ICU)
- Emergency Department
- General Medical
- Hospital (Inpatient) Pharmacy
- Infusion Center
- Laboratory Nursery and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Occupational Therapy
- Operating Room/Scrub Technicians
- Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistants
- Respiratory Therapy
- Retail (Outpatient) Pharmacy
- Social Services
- Participants must be 16 or older.
- The program is open to high school, college, and job-training program students. Community members may also be eligible to shadow—please call for more information.
- We make every effort to arrange shadow opportunities in the student’s area(s) of interest.
- We reserve the right to limit the number of times/amount of time that a student can shadow.
- Job shadowing takes place during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
- Completion of online registration form, release forms, and nondisclosure agreement are required for each shadow experience.
- Students and community members: please download the job shadowing application and HIPAA 101 patient privacy training follow the included instructions for completing and returning the packet.
- Please be aware that your shadow will not be scheduled until all forms and completed and returned.
- Please allow a minimum of four weeks between the date the application is returned to the coordinator and your desired shadowing date.
932 E. 34th St.
Email Job Shadow Coordinator