Don't let flu season get you down
Caused by the influenza virus and easily spread through coughing and sneezing, influenza (the flu) is a very contagious disease. While anyone can become infected with the flu, children, older adults, pregnant women, and people with chronic medical conditions have an increased risk because they could suffer most from serious flu complications. We consider yearly flu vaccinations the most important step in preventing the spread of the flu, and recommend vaccinations for everyone 6 months or older.
Need a flu vaccination?
Flu vaccines are now available at all three QuickMeds Pharmacy locations. Walk in during normal business hours, no prescription or appointment needed. Flu shots are available for those ages 18 and up. Vaccines for shingles, meningitis, and pneumonia are also available with a prescription.
Help prevent the spread of the flu
In addition to getting vaccinated, you can prevent the spread of the flu in many other ways:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
- When tissues are unavailable, cough or sneeze into your sleeve or elbow; never cough or sneeze into your hands.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Limit close contact with people who are sick.
- If you become sick, avoid close contact with others.
- Practice healthy habits, such as getting enough rest, managing stress, and eating nutritious foods.