Protect yourself from colon cancer
Did you know colorectal cancer is the 3rd leading cause of cancer deaths in men and women in the United States? It's true, yet colorectal cancer is highly preventable. Approximately 130,000 new cases of colorectal cancer are diagnosed each year. 50,000 people die from the disease each year, yet colon screenings would have saved more than half of those lives.
If you need a colon screening, the gastroenterologists at Freeman Center for Digestive Health can help. Call 417.347.8636 to make an appointment today for your colon screening, with a board-certified, experienced gastroenterologist, and give yourself the gift of peace of mind.
- The average colon screening takes less than 30 minutes, involves virtually no pain and little risk, and rarely produces complications.
- Starting at age 50, men and women should have a colonoscopy, and do so every 10 years thereafter.
- Colon screenings require some special preparation that the clinical staff will explain.
- Colonoscopies are performed on an outpatient basis, under mild sedation.
- Following the procedure you will need to have someone drive you home, so make plans to relax and take the rest of the day off.
- After the screening is complete, the gastroenterologist will explain the results and make recommendations if treatment is needed.
3333 McIntosh Circle Dr.