Back to Document
Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism
Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism, developed in consultation with the Cleveland Clinic Autism Consulting Group, opened in fall 2007 with a preschool program. Since then, the center has expanded services to include children birth to age 21 and families. Individuals with autism spectrum disorders often need targeted therapy to help build life skills necessary for transition into mainstream classrooms and a more independent future. Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism provides evidence-based, life-changing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) therapy to children, adolescents, and young adults with autism spectrum disorders.
Arkansas Autism Connection
Arkansas Autism Connection, located in Bentonville, Arkansas, offers treatment and education services for children, young adults, and families. Developed in consultation with the Cleveland Clinic Autism Consulting Group, the Arkansas center continues to expand services to help those who need it. Learn more.
Want to learn more?
Call 417.347.7850 for further information about Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism services, the application process, or current fees.
Like us on Facebook!
Why our autism program works
- Highly-educated and skilled staff including behavior analysts; special education teachers; occupational, physical, and speech and language therapists; and implementers, or aides, with autism training and experience
- Ongoing training provided to staff to keep current with new research available in the field
- Specific, developmentally appropriate individualized goals for each client
- Daily data collection and analysis to support goals
- Curriculum with activities to build self-help, daily living, and prevocational skills
- Targeted learning opportunities to develop social skills in everyday community settings, such as grocery stores and playgrounds
- Year-round treatment, preventing regression associated with extended time without treatment
- Parent participation encouraged in orientation sessions and regular conferences to maintain involvement and help continue teaching techniques in the home
- Expertise in managing challenging behaviors
Support Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism
To learn more about how you can help support children with autism and their families, contact Freeman Foundation, 417.347.6557.
Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism, formerly Ozark Center for Autism
3230 Wisconsin Ave.
Joplin, MO 64804
Arkansas Autism Connection
1005 Beau Terre Drive, Suite 308
Bentonville, Arkansas 72712
Bill & Virginia Leffen Center for Autism mailing address:
PO Box 2526
Joplin, MO 64803